If you are a new gardener, fear not! Other gardeners in the community will be happy to help you learn as you go. That said, please feel free to take advantage of the provided resources below to familiarize yourself with basic knowledge.
- 10 Steps to Gardening for Beginners
- This article has all-around good advice and tips to keep in mind (although the community garden will have the beds and soil parts covered). Of particular use is a growing guide listed under point #8.
- Vegetable Gardening for Beginners
- Good run-through of the basics of vegetable-growing. This article also has ideas for what vegetables you may wish to grow, as well as links to instructions on growing them and tips to keep in mind before you start.
- How to Start A Vegetable Garden
- This article has helpful tips about spacing plants and how to store harvested food; there is no need to worry about the soil and garden beds as we have taken care of that.
- Gardening With Children
- For those gardeners with families, this post has good tips to keep in mind when letting children garden, as well as recommendations for plants that kids tend to enjoy tending and harvesting.